Furnace Repair Services In Carterville, IL
Do you have some rooms in your home that are colder than others? Does your house smell whenever your furnace kicks on? Is your home not reaching the temperature set on the thermostat? All of these and more are common furnace issues and signs that you need furnace repairs.
Heartland Heating, Air and Plumbing provides quality furnace repair services in Carterville, IL. It’s important that when you notice that something is wrong with your heating system, have it fixed right away. Small issues can eventually lead to big problems if ignored for too long. These big problems can add up to expensive repair bills or a whole new system replacement. Keep reading to see if you’re experiencing any common heating system issues and what to do to fix them.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
There will be several signs that will indicate you are in need of furnace repair services. Get in touch with our team in Carterville, IL if you notice any of the following issues with your home’s furnace:
When your furnace comes on, it will be normal to hear a low humming or buzzing sound. This indicates that your furnace is working to disperse air back into your home. While these sounds are normal, it is not normal to hear a clanging sound or the sound of components scraping together. If this is the case, you will need to contact an HVAC technician who can start repairs and determine whether or not the sounds you are hearing from your furnace are normal or indicate a malfunctioning furnace.
Your furnace might be located in your basement or another area of the home that is dark and not usually inspected. This can lead to the accumulation of moisture, debris, and even fecal matter from small animals invading your furnace or air ducts. If you turn on your furnace and notice strange smells like mildew, mold, or a musty smell, this is a sign that there might be a foreign substance like mold in your furnace. An HVAC technician at Heartland Heating, Air and Plumbing will inspect your unit and take the proper action to determine the origin of the foul smell.
Rising Energy Costs
Similarly, if you continue to see rising energy costs despite not using your furnace more than usual, this is a sign that your furnace is not working as efficiently as it should. Whether your furnace is older or newer, it's important to make sure it is working as efficiently as possible to convert fuel into energy. Call us if you see a rise in energy bills that is unusual.
The Furnace is Short Cycling
If your furnace continues to turn on and off constantly, this is an issue known as short cycling. Short cycling can occur due to a variety of reasons, including overheating, a dirty filter, blocked heat grates, and more. We’ll inspect your system to determine the cause of the short cycling and let you know if your system is in need of repairs.
Benefits of Having Your Furnace Repaired
There are many benefits of calling a repair technician to conduct furnace repair services in Carterville, IL, such as:
- Improved Efficiency - If your furnace has a clogged air filter or weak airflow, it could be operating with way more energy than it needs to. This leads to higher energy bills and greater energy waste. It's important to have repairs performed in order to reduce bills, improve efficiency, and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Comfortable Temperatures - Nothing is worse than being stuck with a broken furnace in the middle of winter. By getting repair services done immediately, you can rest assured your furnace will be up and running in time for the new winter season, helping prevent your family from dreadful cold nights.
- Save Money - When you invest in furnace repairs, your system will be restored to peak performance which helps you save money on energy bills. A system that is neglected for too long can develop more problems as time goes on. When you finally get around to calling for furnace repairs, you may be surprised at your repair bill. The sooner you address your furnace issues, the more affordable your repair bills will be.
- Improved Life Span - Furnace replacement is far more costly than maintenance and repair. Fortunately, getting repairs done right away is one of the best ways to ensure your furnace is ready to work for years to come.
Is It Time To Replace My Furnace?
When you suddenly find yourself with no heat, you may be worried that your furnace has died for good. However, more often than not, a quick repair will start your furnace back up again. If you’re unsure if it’s worth repairing your furnace, talk to an HVAC technician and they’ll let you know the problem. You should have furnace repairs done if:
- Your HVAC system is under 10 years old
- The repair is minor and is affordable
- Your system has been maintained regularly and has not had many issues in the past
How Can I Avoid Furnace Repairs in the Future?
If you’ve ever called for emergency repairs for your furnace it’s not something you want to do again. To avoid high repair bills and an uncomfortable home, you can invest in regular furnace maintenance to prevent the need for unexpected repairs. During a furnace tune-up appointment, our team will be able to notice signs of wear and tear and replace parts before they break. Your system will be tuned-up so it runs efficiently, and it will be cleaned to prevent dust accumulation.
It’s also a smart idea to do some maintenance on your own. Make sure all your vents are opened and unblocked. Change your furnace’s air filter every 3 months or 90 days to ensure proper airflow and good air quality, and make sure the area around your furnace is clean.
If furnace maintenance is hard to remember, sign up for our maintenance program. Our team will contact you to make an appointment around your schedule so you’ll never miss an important tune-up again. Members also receive additional benefits like priority emergency service and discounts on replacement parts and labor. Talk to Heartland today to sign up.
Reliable Furnace Repair Services in Carterville, IL
At Heartland Heating, Air and Plumbing, we are proud to provide expert furnace repairs. We’re proud to serve the Carterville community with quality heating, cooling, and plumbing services. We have the experience needed to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision on your potential furnace repairs. Give us a call today to schedule furnace repairs at your Carterville, IL home.